As the year draws to a close, we are starting to plan for 2024.
To plan we need to take stock of the progress we have made over the past few years and chart a course for the future. Key questions in the strategic planning process include, “Where are we?”, “Where do we want to be?”, and “How do we get there?”.
Wheatland has made very good progress on the economic development front, with some notable achievements being:
- A robust county marketing campaign consisting of presentation materials, social media, videos, print ads, news stories, and newsletters
- A new investment-focused website complete with attractive branding
- Success in attracting high-value investments (De Havilland Canada and CGC Inc.)
- New county gateway signage
- Development of relationships with government and industry
- A new community profile (Stayed tuned for more!)
- A new online county business directory
- A sector focus on the energy and manufacturing sectors where the county has a strong value proposition and can achieve a high ROI
In 2024 we want to build on our successes and ensure that new developments have a positive impact on the economic well-being of our residents and business community. Some of our future initiatives will include:
- Building our business directory
- Developing sector profiles to identify supply-chain opportunities in energy and manufacturing
- Completing an economic development strategy
- Continuing to market our County to attract investments that are a good fit with our resources and needs
- Completing a regional workforce study
As we enter the holiday season, I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! May 2024 bring continued prosperity to our County and province!